Clinical Data Collection
In addition to the DXA acquisition, other data considered relevent to bone mineral accretion was collected at each study visit. These included:
- Significant illnesses, diagonoses and medications considered to impact bone mineral accretion.
- Anthropometrics (height, weight, BMI, sitting height)
- Pubertal stage (assessed using Tanner criterion) and menstrual history.
- Physical activity (hours per week using a modified Slemenda questionnaire)
- Bone age from a left hand radiograph (assessed using the Greulich and Pyle Atlas)
- Calcium Intake (mg/day using a food frequency questionnaire by Block Dietary Data Systems)